UCare Patient Transport Services
UCare Ambulance offers a full patient transport service for both NHS and private patients. This covers all mobility needs and includes transfers.
All of our ambulances are fitted with ramps and floor tracking so that patients can be safely and securely transferred into the vehicle and made comfortable. All of our PTS vehicles are equipped with wheelchairs and stretcher docking capabilities.
• All staff hold a current enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
• All non-emergency PTS staff are fully trained to the required First Aid standards and experienced in patient handling.
Monday to Sunday
TAD BUSINESS CENTRE
MIDDLESBROUGH TS3 7SF
Tel: 01642 956368
Patient Transfer Quote & Risk Assessment Form
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you.
If you do not get a green message saying your email was sent successfully it means some of the form fields have not been completed correctly and will be highlighted with a red outline, please double check the errors on the above form fields before submitting your form again.
Standard Terms & Conditions of Service Provision
All services supplied by Ucarel Services Ltd. are subject to contract. The contract is composed of the following terms and conditions, together with the applicable schedule for your event.
Definitions: The parties to this agreement are: Ucare Services Ltd. (hereinafter known as ‘the company’) And The person/persons/organisation named in the schedule (hereinafter referred to as the client)
‘Venue’ shall mean the premises or location at which the event is held.
‘Operators’ shall mean staff or agents engaged by the company to fulfil the contract,
1. Cancellation: Cancellation of this contract will only be accepted by the company if notice is given by the hirer, in writing. Where cancellation is received by the company payment of a percentage of the fee is required as outlined below of the total contract value. less than 7 Days =100% , 7- 14 Days = 50% , 15-28 Days =33%, 28-59 days = 25% 60+ days = 10%, More than 90 days = no charge
2. Non-Fulfillment: The Company shall not be held responsible for the non-fulfillment of this contract for the reasons beyond its reasonable control. This includes mechanical breakdown, unforeseeable equipment failure, power failure at the venue, sudden illness, and ‘force majeure’ (including but not limited to; extreme weather, flood, terrorism, fire and lighting strike).
3. Liability: The Company’s maximum liability under the contract (excluding death and personal injury) shall be limited to the value of the contract, unless related to negligence in the medical care.
4. Public Liability Insurance: The Company carries public liability insurance, and all equipment used carries relevant safety standards and certification. Copies of relevant certificates are available on request.
5. Refreshments: Where the company’s operators are on site at the venue for longer than four hours the hirer is responsible for the provision of adequate food, refreshments & drinking water and welfare facilities for each operator reasonably to be present to fulfill the contract. If this is not provided, the charge will be added to our final invoice.
6. In the unlikely event of cancellation by the Company any deposit paid will be returned in full without interest, costs or damages, the contract shall be deemed cancelled and there shall be no further claim arising.
7. The company will always endeavour to attend no less than 10 minutes prior to the given start time.
8. The Company cannot be held financially responsible for any event cancelled for any reason irrelevant of involvement.
9. Any concern or complaint must be raised with the company within 48 hours of the end of your event.
10. The company will provide all equipment and medical consumables necessary to carry out the level of service booked.
11. Please ensure staff on site can obtain fresh, clean water as necessary.
12. The company reserve the right to withdraw services but to levy full charges where adequate facilities are not available to enable us to carry out our duties or where the welfare or safety of our staff is at risk.
13. Payment: A deposit may requested at the discretion of the company. Any balance of payment becomes due on presentation of invoice or completion of the contract and should be made by bank transfer quoting your event name and date.
14. Accounts not settled within required date will be subject to interest charges, calculated at 2% per day, plus a £50 administration fee per month per invoice. Where an invoice remains unpaid after 30 days after due, in addition to charges referred to above, the debt will be passed for collection and 15% collection fees will be added to the sum due.
15. Where payment is made by cheque and is not honoured by the bank, a £50 administration fee will be charged to the client and immediate payment of the account and administration fee must be made by BACS.
16. Operators remain under the control of the Company, not the client and final decision rests with the Company.
17. We may send greater resources than booked at our cost – whether staff or vehicles – you will only be invoiced.
18. The price quoted is for covering during the stated times. Additional charges will apply where you require us to stay later or arrive earlier.
19. Where a booking ends earlier thank booked, the agreed charges remains payable in full.
20. If deposit is not paid within the required time, the contract shall be deemed cancelled and no services will be provided and the client shall not claim for any costs, damages, compensation or other recompense.
Mental Health Transport
UCare PTS can offer transfer support for those patients being detained under the Mental Health Act or Mental Capacity Act. We can provide a 24-hour, responsive service for the movement and care of people with mental health illness. Our team has over 20 years’ experience in providing a professional, reliable and compassionate service managing vulnerable and challenging behaviour safely and with dignity and respect.
Our staff are experienced in handling potentially difficult and vulnerable patients and will work closely with Mental Health Practitioners to ensure a safe and effective transfer.
Our specialist staff consist of healthcare assistants, registered mental health nurses and escorts with expertise in areas including learning difficulties/disability, autism & Asperger’s, dementia, child & adolescent mental health and older adult care.
Our staff have training in:
• Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
• Breakaway techniques
• Control and restraint.
Working in partnership with local Mental Health Trusts we are committed to understanding each patient’s needs and delivering high standards of care to patients with a wide range of mental health illnesses. We can also offer PTS services for those patients who are travelling voluntarily for mental health treatment.
Ucare Services has extensive experience in providing a variety of secure transfers throughout the UK for adults, children and adolescents with mental health illness.
Journeys have included:
• To and from low, medium and high secure psychiatric settings
• Court escort and attendance for hearings including transfers to and from prisons and courts
• From police stations, A&E departments
• To and from outpatient appointments.
Monday to Sunday
TAD BUSINESS CENTRE
MIDDLESBROUGH TS3 7SF
Tel: 01642 956368
Need some help?
We're here to help. Send us an email or call us…
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive our latest news, updates and job posts…